Put a spicy twist on the traditional American favorite with this Cinnamon-Chipotle S’Mores recipe. Pop them in your microwave for an easy and delicious treat.
Thanks to the great folks at Honey Maid for making this recipe post possible. My comments, opinions, and love for the 4th of July are my own.
I just love the 4th of July! Many of us come from different parts of the world, yet we stand united as we celebrate our great nation’s birthday.
I love, too, how seamlessly our own cultural traditions get woven into the celebration. After 15 years, for instance, our culturally blended family’s 4th of July just wouldn’t be the same without guacamole…
chunky salsa roja…
and pico de gallo.
Having said that, I confess I didn’t know what s’mores were when I first came to the USA. But this classic, American favorite is perfect for this classic, American holiday. And so I think they are absolutely necessary!
But you know how I love to add my own little cultural spin on things, so here’s an extra special version of this American favorite with a little tasty fireworks added for fun. The chipotle chile is just enough to make you sit up and take notice and gives a bit of depth to the overall flavor, no more, no less. I hope you enjoy them, I’m sure you will.
Makes 27 s’mores
- 1 box (14.4 oz) Honey Maid Graham Crackers
- 1 package (6 full-size bars) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 (10 oz) bag Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Chipotle Chile Pepper (Some stores will have it in the spice aisle, others will have it in the Hispanic foods section, others will display it in the dry chiles section).
Take a whole graham cracker, break it in half. Take one-half, add 2-3 little squares of chocolate, cover with one marshmallow, sprinkle with a tiny bit of ground chipotle chile pepper, and finish with a more generous pinch of ground cinnamon.
Put in the microwave for 10-15 seconds (depending on your microwave). Cover with the other graham cracker half.
That’s it, so simple, yet so delicious!
My kids love them so much they double stack them!
You don’t need a campfire to make cinnamon-chipotle s’mores, you can make them in your microwave, or your oven, or on your grill, check it out!
How about you? Are s’mores part of your Independence Day festivities? How are traditions from your culture woven into your 4th of July celebrations? Share with us your love for all families and 4th of July traditions, old and new, with the #4thofJuly #MeltingPot and #ThisIsWholesome hashtags.
Happy 4th and enjoy your cinnamon-chipotle s’mores!
Print the recipe
- 1 box 14.4 oz Honey Maid Graham Crackers
- 1 package 6 full-size bars Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 10 oz bag Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Chipotle Chile Pepper Some stores will have it in the spice aisle, others will have it in the Hispanic foods section, others will display it in the dry chiles section.
- Take a whole graham cracker, break it in half.
- Take one-half, add 2-3 little squares of chocolate, cover with one marshmallow, sprinkle with a tiny bit of ground chipotle chile pepper, and finish with a more generous pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Put in the microwave for 10-15 seconds (depending on your microwave). Cover with the other graham cracker half.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @mamalatina on Instagram and hashtag it #mamalatinatips
- Ponche Fruit Atole Recipe - March 3, 2023
- Quince Agua Fresca - November 21, 2022
- Yes, I’m Silvia Martinez, Winner of The Great American Recipe. Yay! - July 11, 2022
Omg! Chipotle makes everything better. Have to try this.
Thank you for sharing such a neat article. I enjoyed how thorough your article is written as well as the pictures and directions about making this treat in different ways. It was fun reading !! Thank you ♡
Unico y delicioso. Como para chuparse los dedos! Saludos!
That is such a fun twist to the traditional S’mores! I bet my husband would love it!
That sounds like such a yummy treat! S’mores are one of my favorite desserts, but this spin is so unique.