Sometimes I want a fast, healthy meal that uses just a few, simple ingredients, and tastes great.
I am a bona fide avocado freak, love tuna, corn is in my DNA, bell peppers are my life, red onions are heavenly and, of course, we use lime for very nearly everything, except in our milk. If you like these ingredients, too, here’s a recipe you might want to try.
Tuna Filled Avocado Halves a la Mexicana
- 2 ripe avocados, halved lengthwise, pits removed.
- 2 cans (5 oz each) tuna in water (I like Bumblebee)
- 2 cans (11 oz each) corn with red and green bell peppers (I used Green Giant steam crisp mexicorn)
- 3 T red onion
- 1 lime, the juice
Just mixed the tuna, corn, onion together in a large bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over it all, then sprinkle a touch of salt over the avocado halves and spoon the tuna mixture into the depression left by the avocado pit. That’s it. Serve chilled.
By the way, if you’ve never tried my Mexican Tuna Salad recipe, you’re really missing out. Luckily, I know just where it is: Silvia Mexican Tuna Salad Recipe.
- 10 Mexican Agua Fresca Recipes to Make at Home - May 31, 2023
- Kiwi Fruit Agua Fresca Recipe - May 23, 2023
- Easy Mexican Strawberry Agua Fresca - May 15, 2023