This post was made possible in collaboration with Nesquik My comments, opinions, and desire to replenish my boys’ bodies with nourishing foods are my own.
Now that soccer season is in full swing, we thought it would be fun to have some of our sons’ friends over for a post game soccer party and play date including fun and nourishing soccer snacks for kids.
We had beautiful weather, and it took but a few seconds until the kids were off and running, dashing down the sandy path to the water, climbing and jumping off fences, getting stuck in the mud, and swinging from tree branches and swings.
They played hard and they have a lot of energy!
We knew they would need plenty of nourishment to keep those engines running. So we put a lot of thought into what we wanted to serve them for snacks, and we knew we wanted a good blend of carbohydrates and protein to help restore their bodies after their games, but we also wanted it to be fun.
So here is what we decided to serve, and not serve, right after their soccer games:
1. Nourishing: Studies suggest that low fat chocolate milk, like Nesquik, may contain the ideal 3:1 ratio of carbohydrates to protein that can help restore muscles after a tough game or practice.
This balance provides your athlete with the nourishment they need, and it’s quick, easy and fun. We considered juice, but Nesquik has much greater amounts of electrolytes like calcium, potassium, and sodium, compared to juice. So we went with the chocolate milk.
2. Convenient: We offered easy to eat vegetables and fruits like carrots, oranges and grapes, which are simple, refreshing, finger foods to snack on after the game, and are great, nutritious alternatives to the cookies, candies, and chips you sometimes see.
They also replenish the body with natural carbohydrates.
3. Keeping it Light and Simple: High fat foods like chips and hamburgers immediately after a game seem to make our boys sluggish, so we avoid them.
The kids had fun and even stopped to sit on the fence, look at the view, and chat a little. Thanks to the great folks at Nesquik for making the party possible and for the cool soccer balls, sunglasses, and beach towels.
As the official chocolate milk of the American Youth Soccer Organization and US Youth Soccer, Nesquik is a trusted choice among parents and coaches and loved by kids.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nesquik. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Ponche Fruit Atole Recipe - March 3, 2023
- Quince Agua Fresca - November 21, 2022
- Yes, I’m Silvia Martinez, Winner of The Great American Recipe. Yay! - July 11, 2022