Avocados are a staple food in our house. We add them to tacos, soups, quesadillas, beans, omelets, sandwiches, and more. We love avocados not only for their many nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and healthy oils, but also because of their delicious creaminess.
Our favorite avocado dish is guacamole which we make several times a month, but we're always creating new recipes to showcase its versatility and creaminess. The sunny weather inspired us to make this yummy, refreshing, and easy to make salad. I hope you like it:
Orange Avocado Salad
- 1-2 Hass Avocados
- 2 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Oranges
- 1/2 Red Onion (small)
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Horticulturists believe that the forebears of all avocados came from Mexico? Ancient Aztec clay images depict avocados, and the Spanish word for avocados, “aguacate,” has its roots in the indigenous Nahuatl language.
- Hass avocado trees flourish year round in the Mexican State of Michoacán's fertile volcanic soil, typical altitudes of 5,250-6,890 feet and abundant tropical rainfall? These ideal growing conditions yield trees that bloom up to four times a year.
- One-fifth (1 ounce) of a Hass avocado has 50 calories, 3 grams of monounsaturated fat, NO cholesterol or sodium, and 1 gram of dietary fiber?
- They provide nearly 20 essential vitamins and minerals: potassium, folic acid and other B-vitamins, as well as vitamins E and K? They also contain phytonutrients, believed to help prevent many chronic diseases.
There are lots of yummy dishes in English fan recipe page of Avocados from Mexico website, check them out!
Do you have any favorite avocado recipe? Why not share them with us!
Disclosure: This article is part of a sponsored campaign with Latina Bloggers Connect and Avocados From Mexico. As always my comments, opinions and love for avocados are solely my own.