Lime Agua Fresca is one of the most popular beverages in Mexico, and it’s very easy to make fast. It’s my brother’s favorite and we used to have it a lot when we were kids. Check out the easy recipe.
I remember the first time I made it for my husband here in the USA, he looked at me and said, “Are you blending the whole lime?!” For me it was so natural, but not for him.
He became a believer though, once he tried it. He loves it and looks forward to when I make it.
I blend the whole limes for two reasons, firstly, the flavor is delicious and deep. Secondly, you just need 2 limes, which makes it very economical.
Check out more agua fresca recipes with photos after the recipe below.
Just one word of caution, when you blend the limes, follow my 5 second rule, you don’t want to end up with an agua fresca that’s too bitter. A little bitterness is nice, too bitter, not so much.
RELATED POST: Pineapple Coconut Agua Fresca
If you make this lime agua fresca, be sure to snap a photo and share it with us on social media using the #mamalatinatips hashtag. I’d love to see it and have a chance to share it as well.
Lime Agua Fresca
- 8-10 cups of fresh water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 limes (golf ball size), cut in quarters
Buy what you need with the help of these affiliate links:
- Blender or food processor
- Pitcher if you like mine, you can search for a Mexican pitcher here.
- Mexican pitcher or a regular pitcher
- Mexican glasses or regular glasses
If you like your lime agua fresca sweeter use 8 cups, if you prefer it less sweet use 10 cups.
Pour 2 cups of water and sugar in the blender.
Mix for 15 seconds or until sugar is completely dissolved in the water. This is an important step, if you add the sugar later you will need to stir for a long time.
Add limes and mix for just 5 seconds, no more. It will look like this:
Strain your mixture into a pitcher with the rest of the water, mix. Serve with ice. Add a couple of lime slices if you’d like.
Print the Lime Agua Fresca Recipe
Lime Agua Fresca
- 8 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 limes golf ball size, cut in quarters
- Pour 2 cups of water and sugar in the blender. Mix for 15 seconds or until sugar is completely dissolved in the water. This is an important step, if you add the sugar later you will need to stir for a long time.
- Add limes and mix for just 5 seconds, no more.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher with the rest of the water, mix. Serve with ice. Add a couple of lime slices if you’d like.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @mamalatina on Instagram and hashtag it #mamalatinatips
More Mexican Aguas Frescas
More delicious aguas frescas, click on the name to get the recipe:
Strawberry horchata: (no rice soaking required) strawberry + rice flour + condensed milk + cinnamon.
Guava agua fresca: Guavas + sugar + water.
Mexican Watermelon Cooler: Watermelon + Water + Sugar + Lime
Jamaica Agua Fresca, the Refreshing Hibiscus Flower Drink: Dry hibiscus flowers + water + sugar + ice.
- 10 Mexican Agua Fresca Recipes to Make at Home - May 31, 2023
- Kiwi Fruit Agua Fresca Recipe - May 23, 2023
- Easy Mexican Strawberry Agua Fresca - May 15, 2023
This is just the thing on a hot day like today. So simple and easy to make and I usually have all the ingredients!
This Agua fresca was easy and delicious! I like blending the whole line instead of having to juice a bunch.
So refreshing! I never would have thought to blend the whole lime – very economical and adds big flavour.
Such delicious, healthy, and easy drinks to beat the summer hit. I am pretty sure my family will love it.
This was such a simple and tasty lime agua fresca. This is a must have for hot summer days!