Hamburgers are a favorite dish in our household, but we wanted to try these black beans burgers, too. I was surprised both by how easy they are to make and how tasty they are. They’re a great idea for Lent or for any time you would like to prepare a meatless dish for your family.
Here is the recipe.
Black Bean Burgers
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans
- 2 whole wheat bread slices
- 1 T serrano peppers, diced
- 1 T herb seasoning blend (no salt added)
- 4 T olive oil divided
Open the canned beans and drain really well. Make a paste with the beans using your hands or a potato mill. Tear the bread slices into small pieces and add to the bean mixture. Add serrano peppers, herb blend and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until well blended.
Divide the mix into 6 parts, make a pattie with your hands and cook it in a pan with hot olive oil. Turn it over after 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Repeat.
Serve in a hamburger bun and add your favorite toppings. All the classics work great.
This recipe is part of our annual 7 Weeks of Lenten Recipes event. Check out other yummy recipes from my sister bloggers below and check out different Lenten recipes in Spanish underneath my Hamburguesas de Frijoles Negros recipe aquí.
- 10 Mexican Agua Fresca Recipes to Make at Home - May 31, 2023
- Kiwi Fruit Agua Fresca Recipe - May 23, 2023
- Easy Mexican Strawberry Agua Fresca - May 15, 2023