Tacos are versatile. You can make them out of almost anything and we make them often. My kids like tacos dorados, but I prefer tacos in a warm, soft tortilla. The aroma of the tortilla warming on the comal is unbelievably yummy.
So when McCormick invited me to be part of the Five Ingredient Fiesta, I jumped right in. The challenge is to create a taco recipe with 5 ingredients or less using at least 1 McCormick spice. Two jars caught my attention right away and I knew exactly what I would be making.
My Shredded Chipotle Beef Tacos recipe is simple, yet full of flavor. The smokiness of the chipotle gives the beef an amazing flavor. My recipe is below, but make sure to scroll down even further to find out how you can participate in a Pinterest Taco Night Challenge for the chance to win a package with an assortment of McCormick spices for your own taco nights.
Shredded Chipotle Beef Tacos
approx 24 tacos
- 1 pound beef for shredding, cooked and shredded
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 white onion cut in slices
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Gourmet Collection Chipotle Chile Pepper
- McCormick Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt to taste
Pour olive oil into a pan over medium-high heat. When oil is very hot add the McCormick Chipotle chile pepper and stir it around for about 15 to 30 seconds to release its wonderful flavor, then add the onion and sauté until soft. Add the shredded beef, salt to taste and let all the ingredients integrate.
1. To participate for the chance to win, on Pinterest, pin any taco recipe with the hashtag #McCormickTacoNight and tag me, @mamalatinatips, in your pin.
2. By doing #1 above, you’ll be entered for the chance to win one of 30 kits of assorted spices from McCormick for your future taco nights.
For inspiration, check out the Taco Night board on the McCormick Pinterest page.
Go start pinning!
Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with The Motherhood and McCormick. As always my comments, opinions and love for tacos are my own. The Motherhood will randomly choose the winners.