Aloha! Pineapple-Ginger popsicles! I can’t begin to tell you how refreshing they are. A recent trip to Hawai’i, with its clear waters, fiery volcanoes, lush rainforests, and tropical fruit, inspired me to whip up these fragrant treats.
Thanks to the great folks at Dole and DiMe Media for making this post possible. As always, my comments, opinions, and love for refreshing tropical fruit are my own.
The Hawaiian summer heat and outdoor fun had us eating pineapples, mangoes, and enjoying afternoon popsicles every single day. When the sun was highest in the sky, we would hop out of the water (some days it was the pool, some days the ocean) and sit out under the shade of the lanai while we cooled off with popsicles.
And what better way to keep the family feeling cool during these dog days of summer? They’re cool, convenient to make, and not overly sweet. I like the delicious Dole frozen pineapple because it has no sugar added and, of course, it’s already peeled and cut. It’s that easy. For these pineapple-ginger popsicles, just a hint of ginger gives them a subtle spicy pop, which makes them a hit with both kids and adults. And the bonus?… Sweet memories of that beautiful island paradise, Hawai’i.
Makes 10 popsicles
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Freezing time: 8 hours to overnight
- 2.5 oz (75 gr) ginger
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-16 oz package DOLE Tropical Gold ® Pineapple Chunks (Dole has a variety of other frozen fruit bag options like Mixed Berry, Sliced Strawberry, and Mango, all of which would work great, too)
- Peel and cut ginger.
- Pour water into a pot, add ginger and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Strain the tea and mix in honey. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, mix pineapple and ginger tea.
- Fill popsicle molds. I used this wonderful kit which makes it very easy. After each mold is filled, it has a lid with popsicle stick-sized slits, making it a snap to center every stick perfectly. Add popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.
That’s all there is to it. Pineapple-Ginger popsicles, the only thing missing is the Hawaiian sunset. Well, there it is!
Check out this short video (If you are reading this post via email and cannot see the video clip, just click on the title of this post at the top of your email to go to my blog to see the video, thx)
For recipes, videos and more, visit Dole here and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Enjoy the popsicles! Aloha!
- 10 Mexican Agua Fresca Recipes to Make at Home - May 31, 2023
- Kiwi Fruit Agua Fresca Recipe - May 23, 2023
- Easy Mexican Strawberry Agua Fresca - May 15, 2023
I can’t wait to try these. Where can I get the kit that you used
Hello Renee, thank you for your comment. They were very yummy! I use the Fox Run molds and I love them, https://amzn.to/2sxcNRr (this is my afiliate link)
Se ven deliciosas, refrescantes, provocativas, y saludables, tengo que elaborarlas. Gracias por compartir la receta.