I wanted to offer a dish, like this Curried Cauliflower and Spinach Salad with Mango Rice Vinegar, to help those who’ve made New Year’s resolutions to lose weight or even just live a healthier lifestyle.
Thank you to the generous folks at Mizkan for sponsoring this post. My comments and opinions are my own.
I knew I wanted a salad with fresh, healthy ingredients, and this one fits the bill perfectly. With the delicious tang of vinegar, a great alternative to dressings loaded in calories, this salad is the perfect dish for helping to get fit and stay fit all year long without skimping on flavor.
Curried Cauliflower and Spinach Salad with Mango Rice Vinegar
Makes approx 4 cups
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Nakano Mango Seasoned Rice Vinegar (it has just 20 calories per tablespoon, is low in fat, and gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach, washed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in halves
- Salt to taste
You will also need a steamer
Cut the cauliflower in small, bite sized, florets. Rinse them and set them apart. Put your steamer on high heat. If you don’t have a steamer, you can use a rack and a pot, the important thing here is that the cauliflower florets don’t touch the water. When the water is boiling, add the cauliflower, cover, lower the temperature to medium high, and let it cook for 5 minutes. Place your cauliflower in a colander and let them rest for a few minutes. It’s very important that you don’t overcook the cauliflower, it needs to be soft but still crunchy.
In a glass bowl mix the olive oil, Nakano rice vinegar, curry powder, orange peel, black pepper and salt. Add the cauliflower, spinach and tomatoes and move until fully coated. You can eat it immediately, or you can let it cool down, put it in your fridge, and eat it chilled as a snack. Either way it is delicious.
This post was updated on Sept 20, 2018
- Ponche Fruit Atole Recipe - March 3, 2023
- Quince Agua Fresca - November 21, 2022
- Yes, I’m Silvia Martinez, Winner of The Great American Recipe. Yay! - July 11, 2022