I´ve written recently about this delicious, hot beverage we prepare in México during the holiday season called Ponche (this is my recipe). As I mentioned in a separate post as well, in Mexico we extend the Christmas holiday season all the way out to Feb 2! So, today I would like to share another recipe, courtesy of The National Honey Board and created by mixologist Deysi Alvarez, in case you are planning to extend your holiday season, too, enjoy!
Honey and Grapefruit Ponche
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup infused chamomile-rum (ingredients and instructions below)
- 1 ½ lemons
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 bottle club soda, 16 oz
- Cinnamon stick and/or star anise, for garnish
* For the infused chamomile-rum
- 1 cup rum
- 2 tbsp chamomile tea
In a glass, mix the rum with the chamomile tea. Let sit for 30-45 minutes.
- Once the infusion is ready, strain and add liquid into mixing bowl.
- In a juicer, juice lemons and grapefruit, and add into bowl with infusion (if you do not have a juicer, slice the lemons and grapefruit in half and squeeze the juice out into the bowl).
- Add the honey and stir until combined. Serve and add ½ cup of club soda to each glass. Garnish as desired.
Latest posts by Silvia Martinez (see all)
- Ponche Fruit Atole Recipe - March 3, 2023
- Quince Agua Fresca - November 21, 2022
- Yes, I’m Silvia Martinez, Winner of The Great American Recipe. Yay! - July 11, 2022