Vroom! A new Disney attraction arrives in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure on March 7th, 2016!
Luigi from Cars has invited twenty of his cousins from Carsoli, Italy, to be part of his new Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters at Cars Land, and they've all accepted the invitation.
Now you and your family can join Luigi and his family by jumping into a miniature Italian roadster, inspired by late 1950's micro cars, to join with them in traditional dances from Carsoli.
The roadsters have open tops and fit 2 riders each.
Here are a few fun facts about them:
- Luigi is a Fiat 550; however, his cousins are a brand invented by Walt Disney Imagineering, called Frizzante.
- Each roadster performs his or her own routine, offering a different ride experience depending on which car a guest boards and which song is playing.
- All of Luigi’s family members have their own names and unique looks—except for two coral-colored cars. Although they are nearly identical sisters, guests may notice that Rosa has green eyes, and Gina has blue eyes.
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters is the first Disney attraction in the United States with a trackless ride system.
- Guests will enjoy spinning, turning and gliding across the track as the energetic roadsters perform their routines. The ride experience is also fun to watch as the cars interact and dance together.
- In addition to dancing, Luigi and his cousins also sing vocals for the songs heard while on the attraction, including “Rollicking Night and Day” – sung by Luigi himself, “Mambo Italiano” – sung by cousin Rosetta, “The Tire-antella” – with call outs from Luigi, “Eh, Cumpari” – sung by cousin Lou, “Funiculi Funicula” – with call outs from Luigi.
So put on your racing gear and head on down to Disney California Adventure to experience this new, innovative attraction for yourself!
Here's a quick preview: