This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with AT&T and Latina Bloggers Connect. As always my opinions, comments, and promise not to text and drive are my own.
The simple truth is way too many of us still text while driving. In fact over 100,000 vehicle accidents a year can be attributed to texting while driving…and it can be fatal.
But we parents need to set the example. 77 percent of teens say they’ve seen their parents text and drive, and 75% say their friends do it.
So the big question is, “what do we do about it?”
Well, one interesting bit of research is encouraging, it suggests that speaking up gets people to stop. 90% say they would stop if a friend in the car asked them to.
And there are more simple ways to get involved and anyone can do them. The folks at AT&T have made it easy with their “It Can Wait” and “100 Reasons It Can Wait” campaigns, their goal is to save lives, and they have one simple, yet powerful, message, “No text is worth dying for.”
Here are five easy ways to get involved:
- Go to www.itcanwait.com
- Take the no-texting-and-driving pledge
- Share your promise via Twitter #itcanwait and Facebook.
- Set an example in your family and community by using the AT&T Drive mode app which is free for its Blackberry and Android wireless customers. It’s a cool little app that once downloaded and set up, turns on automatically once your vehicle starts moving 25 miles per hour or more. Then, texts and emails sent to the phone get an automatic response telling the sender that you are currently driving and will get back to them soon. Phone calls go to voicemail.
- And last but not least, do it all in style by entering for a chance to win the fantastic giveaway announced on this blog today, which includes a brand new Blackberry Q10 for one lucky Mama Latina Tips reader donated by Blackberry and comes with all kinds of It Can Wait merchandise to help get the message out.
So what are you waiting for?
- 10 Mexican Agua Fresca Recipes to Make at Home - May 31, 2023
- Kiwi Fruit Agua Fresca Recipe - May 23, 2023
- Easy Mexican Strawberry Agua Fresca - May 15, 2023
Encouraging people (note – I did not say “teens” but all pelple) to not text while driving!
I like the fact that it puts it in your face not to text and drive. The consequences can be deadly.
I follow on twitter and tweeted- https://twitter.com/mom2boys51/status/380898142306041856
I follow on google+
I follow on pinterest – pinterest.com/mom2boys51