Para español da click aquí.
In 2007, the Disneyland Resort announced its big expansion plans for Disney California Adventure, and today, they have become a reality. Did you see my Cars Land grand opening pictures?
We spent two days there and found something for every member of the family. Here’s a quick reference guide to the new attractions, shows, and restaurants:
Disney California Adventure New Attractions
Radiator Spring Racers: A ride for nearly the whole family and one of my favorites, it combines cuteness with excitement, check out the video of my first ride here. There is a height requirement of 40 inches. Every car fits 6 riders.
Luigi Casa della Tires: In a word, “adorable,” perfect for the whole family. Each tire seats up to three riders who steer it by leaning their own bodies. Enjoy the music and the “volleyball” with gigantic beach balls.
Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree: A favorite with the little ones, each baby tractor fits 2 or 3 people, all songs are sung by Mater.
Red Car Trolley: Take a scenic ride down the new Buena Vista Street and through Hollywood Land. You can use these vintage trolleys for either transportation or leisurely sightseeing.
Disney California Adventure New Dining Options
In Cars Land:
- The Cozy Cone Motel: Snack on specialties like “chili cone queso”, “route” beer floats, churro bites, and flavored popcorn, all served in cones.
- Flo’s V8 Cafe: Home-style rotisserie classics such as pork loin, citrus turkey and New York strip as well as chicken tamales, French toast, fruit pies, and Veggie-Tater Bake.
- Fillmore’s Taste-in: Fruit juices, fresh fruits, and other healthy treats.
In Buena Vista Street:
- Carthay Circle Restaurant: Bringing diverse Southern California flavors together like fire cracker duck wings, ceviches, strawberry-lemon chicken salad and jerked king fish. (World of Color dining packages are available).
- Carthay Circle Lounge: Cocktails, craft beers, wines and seltzer sodas available.
- Fiddler Fifer and Practical Cafe and Bakery: Starbucks beverages, sandwiches, soups and pastries.
- Mortimer’s Market: cut fruits, bottled water, juices and soft drinks
- Trolley Treats: sweets, candy and more!
- Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Parlor: waffle cones, chocolate-dipped ice-cream bars and gooey sundaes.
At the Pacific Wharf
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop: ice cream cones, sundaes, shakes, floats and chocolates!
Disney California Adventure New Shows
- Five ‘N’ Dime: a sextet of maverick musicologists longing for their big break. Get ready to enjoy music from the ’20s and ’30s.
- Red Car News Boys: high-energy performance, music, dance, acrobatics and a special Mickey appearance.
- Red to the Rescue: Red will water the flowers and clean up the town and if you are close you may get wet!
- Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airline: Minnie and her four-member crew sing and dance to songs from the ’40s, ’50s and ’60s.
- Pixar Parade: floats and dancing performers from movies such as Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, Toy Story and more!
- World of Color: this amazing show features new images from Brave and, since June 15, fun interactive versions of the famous Mickey Ear hats which incorporate the latest, infra-red trigger technology have engaged the audience during “World of Color.” The Ear hats feature iridescent lights that change to complement the imagery and beat of the show. When not activated by the show, more surprises are in store for guests as the magical ears glow with other settings around Disney California Adventure Park.
- Mad T Party: a fantastic party inspired by Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. Live music, dancing, specialty drinks, food, and games.
- Get your Radiator Spring Racers FASTPASS as soon as you get to the park
- If you don’t get a FASTPASS try the single rider option, it will get you in faster!
- Be sure to take a map and a list of shows as soon as you enter the park to help you plan your day
- Sit and enjoy the new Pixar Parade, a great place to watch it is on one of the benches close to Carthay Circle on Buena Vista Street
- Be patient while in Cars Land, specially if you are visiting during the summer. The lines may be long.
- When walking through Radiator Springs check out the details, specially the signs, they tell the story of the town in a very funny way. From the pictures in Flo’s V8 Cafe to the road signs of Racers you will be entertained.
- Don’t forget to take your pictures with Mater and McQueen in Cars Land and with Disney Characters and citizens of Buena Vista Street in their 20’s outfits.
For all details and information, please visit the Disney California Adventure Park official website here.