Just weeks ago, at the D23 Expo, Disney announced that “The Lion King,” one of the biggest animated films in history, would join the Walt Disney Signature Collection. Available now on Digital, it arrives on Blu-ray and DVD, August 29th.
In celebration, we have a giveaway to announce today. See below for details, but first, let me tell you a little bit about the film.
You may know the story already, but, if not, I’ll give you a quick synopsis. The Lion King is an unforgettable story, with breathtaking animation, beloved characters and award-winning music, which follows the adventures of Simba, the feisty lion cub who “just can’t wait to be king.” However, his envious Uncle Scar has plans to ascend the throne himself, and forces Simba’s exile from the kingdom. Alone and adrift, Simba joins the escapades of a hilarious meerkat named Timon and his warmhearted warthog pal, Pumbaa. Simba, adopting their carefree lifestyle of “Hakuna Matata,” ignores his real responsibilities until he realizes his destiny and returns to the Pride Lands to claim his place in the “Circle of Life.”
The Walt Disney Signature Collection
This Walt Disney Signature Collection release includes over three hours of classic bonus material:
- Visualizing a Villain – Artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece while you enjoy music and dance.
- The Recording Sessions – Rare images of actors recording their voices.
- Inside the Story Room – Co-Directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff introduce and discuss the process of creating the story. See animators talking about these scenes: Circle of Life, Simba & Nala, Simba takes Nala out to play, Hakuna Matata, Rafiki, and the reflecting pool.
- Nathan and Matthew: the Extended Lion King Conversation. In 2011 producer, Tom Schumacher, and actors, Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick, got together to film a conversation for the documentary, “Pride of the Lion King.” Funny and interesting.
- Bloopers & Outtakes
- Deleted & Alternate Scenes
- Also, you can watch the film in sing-along version!
To participate for your chance to win one (1) The Lion King Blu-ray is easy. Just leave me a comment telling me your favorite part of the trailer below (If you are reading this post via email, and can’t see the trailer, just click on the title of this post at the top of your email to go to the blog to see it. Thanks!). That’s it! That is your required entry. Good luck!
Would you like more chances to win? I have a few of those, too! These entries are optional:
- Subscribe or already be a subscriber to my blog by email. See the subscribe box at top of blog – 1 entry
- Follow me or already be a follower on Instagram (mamalatina) -1 entry
- Follow me or already be a follower on Pinterest (mamalatinatips)– 1 entry
- Follow Mamá Latina Tips on Google + – 1 entry
- Visit Mama Latina Tips on Facebook then come back here and tell me what you saw– 1 entry
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following:
Enter #giveaway for a chance to win 1 #TheLionKing Blu-ray https://bit.ly/2xaBz8G @mamalatina
(limit: one tweet per day, just please leave me a comment for each with the link of the tweet) 1 entry per tweet.
Please leave me separate comments for your required entry and for each optional entry (1,2, 3, 4, 5, and/or 6), so I know how many entries you have, thanks.
This giveaway will end on Sunday, September 3rd, 2017 at 11:59 EST. No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the contiguous United States who are 18 years of age or older. The Winner will be randomly chosen and notified via email. Winner must respond to notification email within 72 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Void where prohibited. Please, no P.O. Boxes. Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will be invalid.