Today is Día de Reyes, a day which captures the meaning of giving and receiving at Christmastime, here is a story about how my family celebrates in Mexico. Even though it’s hard to celebrate in the same way here in the States, we still celebrate in our own small way with my little family here. This year we began our celebration yesterday, we had friends over for Pozole Verde, Rosca de Reyes, and hot chocolate, it was a great night!
Last year, we celebrated the day in México, I think we had 3 parties with Roscas, it was a lot of fun! Here is my photo recap of our day from those parties. And here is a gallery I wrote for Latinamom.me about how to keep the Día de Reyes celebration alive. Check it out! It may give you ideas for starting or adding to your own festivities.
Are you celebrating? Here are some ideas:
- Get a yummy Rosca de Reyes recipe.
- Here is an easy recipe on how to make candied citrus peel for your Rosca de Reyes.
- Mommy Maestra shares Día de Reyes activities, books, music, crafts, and more.
- A cute and easy craft for kids, make your own Reyes Magos.
- How to make canastas (baskets) for Día de Reyes.
- Día de Reyes printables here and here.
- Three Kings craft using toilet paper rolls.
- Three Wise Men mini cupcakes.
Happy Día de Reyes!