The holiday traveling season is here. Time to create some unforgettable memories with friends and loved ones. Millions plan to travel, so if you’re one, here are a few tips to help protect yourself during your holiday travels:
- Consider using credit cards rather than debit cards when traveling to help limit your liability if your information is stolen.
- When possible, pack your car discreetly. No need to advertise your plans.
- Have a trusted neighbor pick up your mail, newspaper, and even park a car in your driveway to help make your home look inhabited.
- When you return, monitor your credit card statement or call your credit card company’s automated system to check for unexpected activity.
- Consider carrying your wallet in your front pocket and your purse in front of your body while traveling, especially in places frequented by tourists.
- Review maps and directions before taking off. One exit too far can make a world of difference.
- Keep important phone numbers written down and stored in a safe place in case your cell phone and wallet are stolen.
- (Bonus Tip) Even if you are venturing just a hop, skip and a jump down the street for a holiday dinner, secure your home and make it so thieves will want to try someplace easier.
If you’d like to keep up with more tips on how to protect yourself and your identity, the folks at LifeLock, the ones who relentlessly help protect identities every day, have a wonderful LifeLock for Life sweepstakes,where you can learn new tips each month and enter to win great prizes. This month’s prizes include a $4500 travel voucher! Also, get great information delivered to your streams by following them on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
Also, this is for all you shredders out there, this December, LifeLock is partnering with an amazing new documentary called Waiting for Lightning about how professional skateboarder Danny Way found his identity by always challenging himself with the biggest (and most dangerous) goals. Check it out!
Pic by Frank Jania – Triplezero
Disclosure: I’m a LifeLock Ambassador and as such I am compensated. As always my comments and opinions are my own. Mama Latina Tips Information Purposes Legal Disclosure