Amaretto Mug Cake
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 2 mug cakes
- 3 tablespoons 40 gr unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Truvía® Spoonable
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 3 oz 10 gr almonds, toasted and finely chopped + for decoration
- ¼ cup 40 gr self-rising flour (be sure to use self-rising flour)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Homemade whipped cream for decoration optional
- Berries for decoration optional
- Glass measuring cup or large mug
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 coffee mugs
In the large measuring cup, whisk together butter and egg. Add Truvía Spoonable, amaretto and chopped almonds.
Incorporate self-rising flour and salt, and beat the batter with a fork until smooth.
Divide the batter between the two mugs and microwave, one at the time, for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes until risen and cake feels firm.
The time varies depending on your microwave. Mine is a 700 watt and it took 1 minute, 45 seconds, if yours is 1,000 watts it may take 1 and half minutes or less. You may need to practice a couple of rounds to figure out the exact right time for your microwave.
These mug cakes are best served immediately with whipped cream and crushed almonds or berries, or both.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg