Chorizo Garbanzo Bean Stew
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
Total Time1 hr 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 16 oz package Smoky Ridge™ Yo Amigo Chorizo Sausage, chopped into 1/2 inch thick slices 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or 3 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup beef broth low-sodium
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 big carrots
- 6 medium white potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sweet peas frozen or fresh
- 2 15 oz each cans garbanzo beans
Warm oil in a pot over high heat, add chorizo and sautéefor 3 minutes each side.
Transfer chorizo to a plate. Set aside.
Sauté onion in the same pot, for 2 minutes or until it softens. Add garlic and cook for a few seconds.
Pour in red wine, beef broth, add salt, pepper, and bay leaves over onion. Cover and boil for 20 minutes over high-heat.
While sauce is cooking, wash, peel and chop potatoes into 1-inch thick squares. Wash, peel and chop carrots into 1/2 inch thick slices.
Add veggies and chorizo to the sauce. Cover and cook for 20 more minutes.
Finally, incorporate sweet peas and garbanzo beans. Cover and cook for 20 more minutes or until vegetables are cooked but firm.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg