Why not start with this watermelon pizza! It looks great on the table and works as an appetizer for summer parties. The kids won't be able to resist it. Below is how I do it, but have fun choosing your own fruits to top it as you wish!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 seedless watermelon - choose the rounded watermelon you can find
- 1 big mango washed and peeled
- 1-2 nectarines washed
- 6-8 strawberries washed and hauled
- 1-2 kiwis washed and peeled
- 1 big bunch mini grapes washed
- 20-25 blueberries washed
- 1 bunch fresh mint washed and dried
- Edible flowers such nasturtium, lavender, or rose petals (optional), washed and dried
Wash, and scrub the watermelon.
Carefully slice it into 1-2 inches rounds to form the "pizza slices." Cutting tip: I usually cut watermelon over a baking sheet with edges to keep the juices contained.
Chop mango, nectarines, strawberries and kiwis in small cubes.
Take one of the watermelon rounds, make 3 transverse cuts to make the "pizza slices."
Top with the fruit cubes, a few mini grapes and blueberries (You can cut the blueberries and the grapes in half if you need to keep them from rolling off ) Add a few mint leaves and a flower. Repeat until you get the number of "pizzas" you need.
6-8 watermelon pizzas (regular watermelon) or 4-5 watermelon pizzas (personal size watermelon).
©Mama Latina Tips Media