Coco is here! That’s why, today, we have a Coco Blu-ray giveaway especially for the readers of Mama Latina Tips!
The heartwarming, Golden Globe® Award-winning, Academy Award® nominated, Disney/Pixar film is available now on Digital and Movies Anywhere and arrives in stores on Blu-ray™ & 4K Ultra HD™, February 27th.
As you surely know by now, there are no words to express just how much I love Coco. It speaks to me on so many levels. I see my towns, my foods, my music, my culture and my people in it. But in addition to all that, it’s a great story told with uncommon authenticity, artistry, sensitivity, heart and skill!
RELATED POST: Disney Pixar Coco Gift Guide
When I interviewed Edward James Olmos (Chicharrón) right after the Hollywood Red Carpet Premier, he mentioned Coco would be a film families will watch together year after year. I agreed and still do. Just in the very few days we’ve had the movie at home, my son has watched it 3 times, and I have seen all the special features.
Are you ready to buy your copy of Coco now? You can do it through this affiliate link. To participate for a chance to win the giveaway keep reading.
RELATED POST: Coco Movie Review
As I mentioned, having the film at home has also allowed us to watch all of the fantastic bonus features. When I visited Pixar, long before its release in theaters, I’d wished I could share some of the images and videos I’d seen of the work behind the scenes.
RELATED POST: 7 Things You Need to Know About Coco
Learning how they decided which music was ideal for Coco, how my stunning city of Guanajuato inspired the architecture of the Land of the Dead, how the colorful state of Oaxaca inspired the cemetery and the town of Santa Cecilia, how the magnificent Palacio de Correos in México City inspired the Department of Family Affairs in the Land of the Dead, just to mention a few, all made me appreciate both the film and the people working on it even more.
RELATED POST: Interview with Benjamin Bratt from Coco
My wish has come true. Now you can listen to the animators, directors, producer and other members of the team tell how they did it. I’m so excited!!
Before we get to the giveaway, let me tell you briefly about all the goodness that is on the Blu-ray and the Digital copy.
Pixar Coco Blu-ray Bonus Features
I love watching deleted scenes. They often show how a film develops over time.
- Día de los Muertos – An alternate first scene, a musical extravaganza with colors and excitement, introducing Ernesto de la Cruz. My kids really enjoyed this one.
- The Way of the Riveras – A corrido style music number where the Rivera Family teaches Miguel about their history and traditions.
- Celebrity Tour – This is a take on how Héctor and Miguel met. Here Héctor was a bus guide.
- The Family Fix – A very tender scene where the Rivera family puts their dismay aside and comes together to repair the smashed guitar needed to send Miguel home to the Land of the Living.
- To the Bridge – An alternate scene of how Miguel crosses back over the marigold bridge to the land of the living, and a different destiny for De la Cruz.
- And more!
Music is at the heart of the film, moving us from laughter (“Poco Loco”) to tears (“Remember Me”). The following features tell the story of the music of Coco:
- The Music of Coco – A video about the musicians and musical instruments of Mexico and how they created the canvas for the story.
- The Real Guitar – The majestic guitar that spurs Miguel on his journey through the Land of the Dead is a unique creation. Watch as it is initially designed by a Pixar artist and ultimately realized as a real instrument by a master luthier in this poetic ode to craftsmanship.
RELATED POST: The Music of Coco: Fun Facts
The Pixar Familia
I also love the special features about the filmmakers’ research trips, the animation, and how the Pixar team who were working on the movie were touched by Coco in different areas of their lives, a joy to watch! :
- A Thousand Pictures a Day – Here the crew shows their immersive experience researching Mexico. You’ll see some of the real people, real places and real Day of the Dead celebrations that made Coco what it is, “a love letter to Mexico.” It features many locales in Guanajuato, my favorite city in México, with its colors and architecture.
- Paths to Pixar: “Coco” – Explore how the film crew’s personal stories resonate with the themes of the movie itself. This was so good. You may or may not know that a lot of animators and artists who work at Pixar are of Mexican or Latin American descent. You’ll enjoy hearing their stories, including from Adrián Molina, who started as an animator for the movie and ended as the writer and co-director, and Ana Ramírez González, who worked as a shading designer in the costume department. She’s from Mexico and her whole family still lives there. I appreciated this so much because I had an amazing conversation with my kids afterward about our Mexican heritage and what it means to us.
- Skeletons – Learn about these funky characters, and then learn how to draw one of them with Pixar artist Daniel Arriaga.
- Mi Familia – The cast and crew talk about the meaning of family
- Fashion through the Ages – How the magnificent costumes where created, their challenges and their successes.
- And much more!
RELATED POST: Fun Facts About the Skeletons of Coco
Doesn’t it sound fantastic! Check out the giveaway below:
To participate for your chance to win one (1) Disney Pixar Coco Blu-ray Combo Pack is easy. Just leave me a comment telling me your favorite part of, or scene from, the movie (if you have not seen it, watch the trailer below and tell me something you like about it). That’s it! That is your required entry. Good luck!
Would you like more chances to win? I have a few of those, too! These entries are optional:
- Subscribe or already be a subscriber to my blog by email. See the subscribe box at top of blog – 1 entry
- Follow me or already be a follower on Instagram (mamalatina) -1 entry
- Follow me or already be a follower on Pinterest (mamalatinatips)– 1 entry
- Follow Mama Latina Tips on Google + – 1 entry
- Visit Mama Latina Tips on Facebook then come back here and tell me what you saw– 1 entry
- Follow Mama Latina Tips on youtube – 1 entry
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following:
Enter #giveaway for a chance to win 1 #PixarCoco Blu-ray here: https://bit.ly/PixarCocoG @mamalatina #CocoBluray #CocoTheMovie @PixarCoco
(limit: one tweet per day, just please leave me a comment for each with the link to the tweet) 1 entry per tweet.
Please leave me separate comments for your required entry and for each optional entry (1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and/or 7), so I know how many entries you have, thanks.