Now part of the Signature Walt Disney Collection, Walt Disney’s classic animated motion picture, Pinocchio, arrives in stores today, January 31st, 2017.
I’ve enjoyed watching the film again, now with my kids at home, and it comes with an amazing array of special bonus content to learn more about the enduring classic.
The Blu-ray offers a deeper look into film production, its characters, voices, music and more. Here is a list of the special content (Bonus materials vary by format). And don’t forget to check out the giveaway below!
Pinocchio Blu-ray Bonus Extras
The Pinocchio Project
- When You Wish Upon a Star – JR Aquino, Tanner Patrick and Alex G talk about their experiences recording a new, more modern version of the classic song.
- Music Video: When You Wish Upon a Star
Walt’s Story Meetings: Pleasure Island
Pete Docter, Director of Inside Out, Up and Monsters Inc, along with historian J.B. Kaufman, give us deeper insight into the film’s Pleasure Island scenes. Through transcripts of story meetings preserved by the Walt Disney Archives, and story sketches from Disney’s Animation Research Library, we now know that the sequence was once called Boobyland. It once included a song called, “Three Cheers for Anything,” that didn’t make it to the film.
In Walt’s Words
Interviews, photos, and images of Walt during the production of Pinocchio. This documentary presents scenes from Walt Disney Studios and humorous anecdotes told by Walt himself.
Oswald The Lucky Rabbit in “Poor Papa” cartoon.
Enjoy one of the first Oswald cartoons.
Classic Bonus Content
- No Strings Attached: The Making of Pinocchio – A 59-minute documentary where animators and historians talk about the story, the animation, the models, and character development. Animators who created or supervised each character show us drawings and tell how they changed during the filming, including the cuckoo clocks and voices.
- Deleted Scenes – Three deleted scenes were found at the Animation Research Library and now you can watch them: Story of the Grandfather Tree, Starving in Belly of Whale and an Alternate ending. 3 scenes.
- The Sweatbox – Walt Disney developed different techniques to make the animation work easier like the multiplane camera, storyboards, and the sweatbox. The sweatbox was a small projection room with no air conditioning, hence the name, where Walt and animators would review the projects (a series of still drawings in sequence) on the screen.
- Geppettos Then and Now – Enjoy this very entertaining video with toy makers and toy collectors from around the world, including thoughts about the future of toys.
- Live Action Reference Footage – A rare video about a project developed at Disney Hyperion Studios in 1939, thought to be a training aid for new animators.
- Original trailers
- When You Wish Upon a Star – A pop music video by Meaghan Jette Martin
A Wish Come True, The History of Pinocchio
Review the production of Pinocchio in 9 minutes.
Storyboard-To-Film Final Comparison
A very interesting and entertaining 5-minute video showing a comparison between storyboards and scenes in the film.
In this section, you can choose one songs from the film to enjoy over and over again.
Finally, as with all Disney movies, Pinocchio comes with audio and subtitles in English, Spanish and French.
To participate for your chance to win one (1) Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD of Pinocchio is easy. Just leave me a comment telling me your favorite part of the trailer below. That’s it! That is your required entry. Good luck! (If you are reading this post via email and can’t see the trailer, just click on the title of this post at the top of your email to go to the blog to see it, thanks)
Would you like more chances to win? I have a few of those, too! These entries are optional:
- Subscribe or already be a subscriber to my blog by email. See the subscribe box at top of blog – 1 entry
- Follow me or already be a follower on Instagram (mamalatina) -1 entry
- Follow me or already be a follower on Pinterest (mamalatinatips)– 1 entry
- Follow Mamá Latina Tips on Google + – 1 entry
- Visit Mama Latina Tips on Facebook then come back here and tell what you saw– 1 entry
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following:
Enter #giveaway for a chance to win 1 #PinocchioBluray https://bit.ly/2jzBR16 @mamalatina
(limit: one tweet per day, just please leave me a comment for each with the link of the tweet) 1 entry per tweet.
Please leave me separate comments for your required entry and for each optional entry (1,2, 3, 4, 5, and/or 6), so I know how many entries you have, thanks.
This giveaway will end on Tuesday, February 14th, 2017 at 11:59 PST. No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the contiguous United States who are 18 years of age or older. The Winner will be randomly chosen and notified via email. Winner must respond to notification email within 72 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Void where prohibited. Please, no P.O. Boxes. Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will be invalid.
Disclosure: Mama Latina Tips received a copy of Pinocchio Blu-ray to facilitate this review. As always my comments, opinions, and love for Disney movies are our own.
“Mama Latina Tips is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”