Esta entrada también está disponible en: Español
When my kids talk, read, or watch a program about animals, they get very animated. So when I heard that PBS Kids was planning a “Summer Safari,” I thought it was a fantastic idea!
So here’s the info you need to plan a summer of fun and learning with PBS:
Free Digital Tools for Parents and Kids
- Parents will find daily learning tips, extended learning ideas and recommended games and activities at PBS Kids Learn right here.
- PBS Kids will once again offer free episodes of favorite series through iTunes, check them out!
- There are also a variety of free apps for parents and kids to support learning, check them out right here.
Specials and New Episodes
- Dinosaur Train: One-hour specials every week in June.
- Wild Kratts Wild Wednesday: July is jam-packed with Wild Kratts Adventures every Wednesday. It kicks off on July 1, with the movie Wild Kratts: Back in Creature Time.
- Curious George: Monday, August 17, will be full of monkey adventures starting with the 2009 movie Curious George 2: Follow that Monkey, followed by the world television premiere, Curious George 3: Back to the Jungle. Don’t miss it!
- WordGirl: This summer PBS Kids is presenting 20 never-before-seen episodes of the adventurous WordGirl on digital platforms, including pbskids.org and the PBS KIDS Video App. Two episodes per week will premiere on air and on digital platforms.
- PBS stations across the country will be bringing activities to local communities for children ages 2-8 and their families. They will be partnering with local libraries, schools, museums and more. Please visit PBS.org to check if you have a local station close to home.
- PBS KIDS have partnered with AARP Foundation Experience Corps to extend the learning from this summer’s new WordGirl episodes. Episodes and materials will be available online at youtube.com/pbskids and youtube.com/aarpexperiencecorps, as well as pbskids.org/learn.
- PBS KIDS and HarperCollins are offering free reading party kits for hosting a I Can Readathon event through participating retailers and PBS member stations. The kits include an I Can Read! activity booklet, reading logs, activity pages, stickers, certificates, a PBS KIDS Summer Safari activity chart and activity sheets.
Have a Wild Summer!!