This is part of a sponsored campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and Nestlé Pure Life; however, all opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines, 16 C.F.R. Part 255.
Halloween is one of our favorite times as you know. My boys look forward to it all year. They are already getting their costumes together. Remember last year? My older son wanted to be a rockin’ pumpkin head. This is what we did…
…a combination of a rockin’ pumpkin head and a super hero with a cape. It was fun and we are already getting ready for this year.
As you well know the consumption of sweets is going to increase during this season, not only because of the candy they get trick-or-treating, but also from the many parties before, during, and even after Halloween. Keeping things in balance is the most important thing.
So here are three things I plan to do at my Halloween parties, yes parties, this year:
1. Offer fun, healthy options. This year I’m going to create pumpkin shapes out of cantaloupe and watermelon ghosts.
2. Decrease the consumption of sugary drinks. Often parties include soft drinks and juices, but I think this year I will have water, maybe flavored with fresh fruit.
3. Offer balanced foods. Instead of serving pizza, for instance, I will have a taco bar to give my guests, especially the kids, a variety of choices and (colors) of food. Who doesn’t like a soft taco with lettuce, salsa, and guacamole?
All this, of course, is to keep balance, while we still have fun!
Registered dietician and licensed nutritionist, Sylvia Meléndez Klinger says, “Aside from offering sweets, your Halloween parties can include healthier items – such as water – without depriving the little ones from having a fun time. For example, Nestlé® Pure Life® has created a fun Halloween-themed water bottle that is a perfect addition to a party. While trick-or-treating, keep water at hand to keep kids hydrated, and carry healthy snacks on-the-go such as packaged pretzels or apple sauce containers.”
Have you seen the little bottles she’s talking about? Nestlé® Pure Life® knows we moms want to provide our families with healthy nutrition and drinking water is important, particularly during these festive occasions. These little limited edition bottles are perfect for kids and look how cute they are:
Very sweet, don’t you think?
I invite you to check out the rewards program, “Bebe Mejor, Vive Mejor,” which offers exciting prizes like kids’ sports equipment, backpacks, gift cards, theater tickets, coupons, and much more, and has been extended through December 31st, 2014. You can get more details about the program here. Also, be sure to check out the Facebook page where you can share ideas with other moms like you, or follow and join the conversation with the hashtag #mamaspurelife.
Finally, I have a fantastic coupon giveaway for two lucky winners so they can try there own package of Nestlé® Pure Life® water. But first, let me share this very cute video about the importance of keeping kids hydrated in school, you can see it right here.
To participate for your chance to win one (1) of two (2) Nestle® Pure Life® Water coupons to get your own package of limited edition monster labeled bottles is easy. Just leave me a comment telling me one tip for having a fun and healthy Halloween. That’s it! That is your required entry.
Would you like more opportunities to win? I have a few of those, too! These entries are optional:
- Subscribe or already be a subscriber to my blog by email or by RSS – 1 entry
- Follow me or already be a follower on Instagram (mamalatina)
- Follow me or already be a follower on Pinterest (mamalatinatips)
- Follow Mamá Latina Tips on Google + – 1 entry
- Follow or already be a follower of Nestlé® Pure Life® “Drink Better. Live Better™” Rewards program Facebook page
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following:
Enter my #MamasPureLife “Drink Better. Live Better™” Giveaway for a chance to win a free product pack https://goo.gl/cw2L6j
(limit: one tweet per day, just please leave me a comment for each with the link of the tweet) 1 entry per tweet.
Please leave me a separate comment for your required entry and for each optional entry (1,2, 3, 4, 5 and/or 6), so I know how many entries you have, thanks.
This giveaway will end on Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PST. No purchase necessary. Open to US residents only, 18 years of age or older. Winner will be randomly chosen and notified via email. Winner must respond to notification email within 24 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Void where prohibited. Please no P.O. Boxes. Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will be invalid.
- Ponche Fruit Atole Recipe - March 3, 2023
- Quince Agua Fresca - November 21, 2022
- Yes, I’m Silvia Martinez, Winner of The Great American Recipe. Yay! - July 11, 2022