Summer vacation is almost over but my tips for enjoying the features on your Nintendo 3DS continue. Today’s tips feature keeping the fun going with Swapnote.
Swapnote is a free application for the Nintendo 3DS. With it, your kids can design and make digital animated cards or photocards to share with friends.
My kids love to draw and take pictures, and with Swapnote, they can do both and even combine them. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Create notes and 3D notes.
- Add a recording to your note. Using the 3DS sound application, your kids can record up to 5 seconds and attach it to the note. How fun is that?!
- Take a pic, write a note. Put them together and send! if you take the pic in 3D the recipient will be able to see it in 3D too.
- Time stamp the note. If the note needs to be delivered on a special date, a birthday for example, you can add the date before sending it.
- The more notes your kids write, the more special features they will unlock.
- Walk and get coins. Every time your kids walk with their Nintendo 3DS they will earn play coins. With these play coins, they can buy new stationary for their notes.
How to send notes?
The notes can be sent to the friends on your list and you can use either Streetpass or Spotpass to send and receive notes. Spotpass connects to a wireless internet access point and special items, like notes, will download automatically. To know if you have received a note, just look for the blue LED light on the outside of your Nintendo 3DS or a blue dot on your favorite home menu icon.
How to download Swapnote?
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Nintendo. Follow the conversation on twitter #3M3DS. As always my comments, opinions and love for video games are solely my own.
- Ponche Fruit Atole Recipe - March 3, 2023
- Quince Agua Fresca - November 21, 2022
- Yes, I’m Silvia Martinez, Winner of The Great American Recipe. Yay! - July 11, 2022