With the holidays approaching and with Black Friday and Cyber Monday just a couple of days away, we are watching for deals. Today I want to let you know about a great option for making your purchases, layaway at Kmart.
Layaway is a simple concept, choose what you want, make a down payment, pay in biweekly installments, and take it home when you are done paying. This is great because you can take advantage of bargains now, while still budgeting the cost. But that’s not all:
- Layaway at Kmart is available on Black Friday!!
- It is available on virtually all items in the store and online (marked as “Available for Layaway”) – including small kitchen appliances, sporting goods, fitness equipment, pet items, health and beauty items, clothing, toys, electronics, etc.
- There is no per-item minimum cost requirement (This is not true for other retailers that have per-item minimum costs)
- 8 or 12 week options for the layaway contract in most stores (I checked, you can pay contract off early, in say 2 or 3 payments), please call your local store to verify, or check on Kmart.com.
- Kmart’s last day for layaway pickup before Christmas is December 24th. If you want to put an item on layaway and pick it up in January for the “Big Game,” you can do that too. Layaway at Kmart is available all year long.
- You can initiate the contract both on line at Kmart.com or in stores.
- You can make payments on Kmart.com or in-store
Another great tool is the calculator which you can access at Kmart.com/layaway, so you can set your budget before you go shopping. And if you start a layaway on or before November 27, 2011, you can get a $5 or $10 gift card (8 or 12 week contracts respectively), you just need to be a Shop Your Way Rewards Member and use the code: LAYAWAY at checkout. Not a Shop Your Rewards Member? You can sign in here, it is super easy and free!
I’m a Kmart Ambassador this holiday season and I will be trying layaway myself and will tell you all about it, stay tuned!
Disclosure: As a Kmart Ambassador, my time is compensated. As always my comments, opinions and my love for good deals are solely my own.