Para español da click aquí.
In my opinion we should have at least one meatless day in our weekly menu. This is a great opportunity to add more vegetables and beans to our diet.
When I lived in Mexico I ate beans every single day, something I’ve lost in the past few years. Little by little I’ve learned new ways to include them in our diet again. This recipe sounds yummy and it looks easy and fast to prepare, enjoy!
Bean Enchilada Casserole
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 can (10 oz each) red enchilada sauce
- 1 pkg (12 oz each) frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (16 oz each) Rosarita® No Fat Traditional Refried Beans
- 12 soft corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of enchilada sauce in bottom of dish. Cook corn in microwave according to package directions, using minimum cook time.
- Spread about half of refried beans on 6 tortillas. Place tortillas, bean-side up, over sauce in dish, overlapping to fit. Stir together remaining enchilada sauce, corn, black beans and undrained tomatoes in large bowl. Spread half of corn mixture over tortillas in dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layering with remaining refried beans and tortillas, corn mixture and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes or until hot in center and bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into 8 pieces
You can find more meatless recipes at Ready Set Eat, give them a visit!
Disclaimer: I am part of The Dish blogger advisory panel, my time has been remunerated. As always, my opinions, comments and my love for cooking are solely my own.