The Disney Expo D23 brings the entire world of Disney to families and fans under one roof at the Anaheim Convention Center every two years. The expo takes place today, tomorrow, and Sunday (August 19-21, 2011).
Here are some of the activities:
- A not-to-be-missed look at The Walt Disney Studios’ upcoming film slate, which includes Disney’s The Muppets, John Carter, Disney•Pixar’s Brave, Marvel’s The Avengers, Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie, Oz The Great and Powerful and more.
- A Conversation with the Pixar Creative Team – Enjoy a rare opportunity to spend some time with the key figures responsible for Pixar’s unprecedented success.
- Pixar Shorts – This retrospective screening of the animation studio’s legendary short films will be followed by a panel discussion with several of the filmmakers.
- Advance screenings of an all-new 3D version of The Lion King, presented by RealD 3D, and the upcoming ABC holiday special Prep & Landing: Naughty vs Nice from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
You can also visit all the exhibits including:
- Walt Disney Studios Animation Pavilion – Experience the art, technology, culture and legacy of Walt Disney Animation Studios with filmmaker demonstrations, drawing classes, book signings, meet-and-greets, and art exhibits.
- Walt Disney Studios In-Home Entertainment Pavilion – Dive into cutting-edge home entertainment technology and learn what the future holds for Disney movie fans with sneak peeks of upcoming films in breathtaking high-definition Blu-ray 3D™ and more.
- Inside Tides: Pirates of the Caribbean Film Prop Collection – Get an up-close look at an exclusive collection of detailed set pieces, props, and costumes from the billion-dollar blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Have fun with your kids visiting with Disney characters, participating in story times, enjoying a Princesses fashion event, and much more!
Tickets to the D23 Expo are available at https://www.D23Expo.com. Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 Expo including the Disney Legends Ceremony and can be purchased for single days or for the full three days of festivities.
Latest posts by Silvia Martinez (see all)
- Ponche Fruit Atole Recipe - March 3, 2023
- Quince Agua Fresca - November 21, 2022
- Yes, I’m Silvia Martinez, Winner of The Great American Recipe. Yay! - July 11, 2022