This is our 5th week featuring Lenten recipes, don’t forget to check our other recipes like Papas gratinadas and shrimp and cheese stuffed poblanos.
Today I’m pleased to introduce Ely. Ely has a blog in Spanish called “Simple y Delicioso” (Simple and Delicious) where she shares easy, affordable, and delicious recipes from drinks to easy recipes to make for children, check it out! Today she has generously shared a yummy recipe with us, enjoy!
Zucchini Parmesan (Calabacitas a la Parmesana)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F°
- Heat the oil in a pan and add zucchini, onion, garlic and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the zucchini mixture in an oven-proof container, pour the sauce and top with the cheeses.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
This dish can be served as is or on top of pasta.
Ely was born in Michoacán, Mexico. Her passion for cooking started when she was 6 or 7 years old. She loves to prepare everything from appetizers to desserts but her specialty is cake decorating. She is a daughter, mother, and a wife and she enjoys cooking her family’s favorite dishes.
- Ponche Fruit Atole Recipe - March 3, 2023
- Quince Agua Fresca - November 21, 2022
- Yes, I’m Silvia Martinez, Winner of The Great American Recipe. Yay! - July 11, 2022