This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with AT&T and Latina Bloggers Connect. As always my opinions, comments, and promise not to text and drive are my own.
You may have read about my family’s near miss with a texting driver. One thing’s for sure, we are not the only ones with a story like that. The simple truth is way too many of us still text while driving. In fact over 100,000 vehicle accidents a year can be attributed to texting while driving…and it can be fatal.
But we parents need to set the example. 77 percent of teens say they’ve seen their parents text and drive, and 75% say their friends do it.
So the big question is, “what do we do about it?”
And there are more simple ways to get involved and anyone can do them. The folks at AT&T have made it easy with their “It Can Wait” and “100 Reasons It Can Wait” campaigns, their goal is to save lives, and they have one simple, yet powerful, message, “No text is worth dying for.”
Here are five easy ways to get involved:
- Go to www.itcanwait.com
- Take the no-texting-and-driving pledge
- Share your promise via Twitter #itcanwait and Facebook.
- Set an example in your family and community by using the AT&T Drive mode app which is free for its Blackberry and Android wireless customers. It’s a cool little app that once downloaded and set up, turns on automatically once your vehicle starts moving 25 miles per hour or more. Then, texts and emails sent to the phone get an automatic response telling the sender that you are currently driving and will get back to them soon. Phone calls go to voicemail.
- And last but not least, do it all in style by entering for a chance to win the fantastic giveaway announced on this blog today, which includes a brand new Blackberry Q10 for one lucky Mama Latina Tips reader donated by Blackberry and comes with all kinds of It Can Wait merchandise to help get the message out.
So what are you waiting for?
Here’s what’s in the AT&T “It Can Wait” Gift Bag
- BlackBerry Q10
- ICW T-Shirt
- ICW thumb rings
- ICW Non-Woven Big Tote
- ICW Decals/Spanish
- ICW Cleaning Cloth
- ICW Silicon Snap Bracelet
- Interior Double Side Cling
To participate for the chance to win a BlackBerry Q10 an the rest of the items in the AT&T “It Can Wait” gift bag is easy. Just leave me a comment telling me what you like about the “It Can Wait” campaign, you can check it out here. That’s it! That is your required entry.
Would you like more opportunities to win? I have a few of those, too! These entries are optional:
- Subscribe or already be a subscriber to my blog by email or by RSS - 1 entry
- Follow me or already be a follower on Instagram (mamalatina)
- Follow me or already be a follower on Pinterest (mamalatinatips)
- Follow Mamá Latina Tips on Google + – 1 entry
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following:
Enter today for the chance to win a #BlackberryQ10 @mamalatina http://www.mamalatinatips.com/?p=4401 #ItCanWait
(limit: one tweet per day, just please leave me a comment for each with the link of the tweet) 1 entry per tweet.
Please leave me a separate comment for your required entry and for each optional entry (1,2, 3, 4, and/or 5), so I know how many entries you have, thanks.
This giveaway will end on Thursday, Sept 19, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PST. No purchase necessary. Open to US residents only, 18 years of age or older. Winner will be randomly chosen and notified via email. Winner must respond to notification email within 3 days or a new winner will be chosen. Void where prohibited. Please no P.O. Boxes. Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will be invalid.
Have Fun and Good Luck,