Fresh & Easy is without a doubt one of my favorite stores. These are just three things I love about it:
- Their fresh&easy product brand line is made with no artificial colors or flavors, no added trans fats and with no high-fructose corn syrup.
- It’s the right size to find what I need and get out of the door in no time, plus it’s just a 5 minute drive from home.
- The prices are amazing.
All this makes my life easier and the fact that my kids love to go there and help me with the shopping is just icing on the cake.
One of our favorites things to do each week is to make some easy family fare that the kids can help with for dinner. The menu doesn’t change much, I must say, because we try to do something easy and fast, so it’s usually pizza, because, well, who doesn’t like pizza?
So this is what we do:
1. We make our list and go to the store
2. We take the first aisle where we find a bag of salad, bell peppers, red onion and other veggies.
3. Then we go around the corner for the fresh&easy pizza dough. We get one of each, traditional, whole wheat, and herbs. Later we stop at the cheese section and grab a bag of shredded mozzarella cheese, some pepperoni or Italian salami and ham.
4. We find the pizza sauce in the pasta aisle
5. Finally we stop in the ice cream aisle and get half a gallon of delicious fresh&easy ice cream, yum!
When we get home, we turn the oven on, dad usually works the dough and then the kids add the pizza sauce, meats and cheese on top. Mom (that would be me) chops the veggies and makes the salad. The kids love to see how the pizza rises in the oven. We end pizza night with ice cream and a movie.
That’s it. A fresh, easy and affordable dinner for 4, and we love it.
There are a lot of options if you want to make your own easy family fare. If you are more the grilling type, Fresh & Easy has new summer grilling products, so look for your closest Fresh & Easy and shop away! Oh and before I forget, here is a Fresh & Easy coupon for you. Get $5 off when you spend $20 or more! (expires 7/7/13).
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.