We’re a wee bit Irish, but on St. Patrick’s Day we celebrate as if we were 100%. We have Corned Beef and Cabbage, Irish Soda Bread, and our favorite brand of Root Beer.
Whether you’re Irish or not, I bet you enjoy wearing green and doing fun things with your kids on the big day, too. So here are a few craft ideas to do with your kids on the day we celebrate St Patrick, the guy who chased the snakes out of Ireland.
Materials (WARNING: Parent supervision required)
- Cardboard tubes
- Green paint
- Fishing line/string
1. Cut four half-inch rings from a flattened cardboard tube, then cut through one of the folds on each ring.
2. For three of the rings, bend and glue the two ends to form a heart-shaped leaf.
3. Fold the fourth ring into a triangular stem and glue the ends together.
4. Glue the stem between two leaves, then glue on the third.
5. Paint the shamrock green. When it’s dry, hang it with fishing line or string.
FamilyFunMagazine. Used with permission
Over the Veggie Rainbow
(WARNING: Parent supervision required)
- Small bowl
- Dip of choice, like guacamole
- Bell peppers – various colors
1. Fill a small bowl with dip.
2. Slice four long strips of bell peppers in various colors and arrange them as shown.
3. Cut two small cauliflower clouds, skewer each with a toothpick, then position one on each side of the peppers.
4. Place sliced carrot coins beside the bowl for the leprechaun’s pot of gold.
Photograph By Doug Merriam, Idea By Deirdre Smith Of Jdaniel4Smom.Com Used with permission by FamilyFunMagazine
How about Sweet Shramock Pretzels? Get the recipe at Spoonful.com right here.
Or a St. Patrick´s Day Treasure Hunt? Get the printable right here.
Erin go Bragh