Cinderella. How many of you have seen it more than once? It’s one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. I’m not going to give you a synopsis, you most likely know the story, but I am going to tell you why you might want to consider owning the Cinderella Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD, available today, October 2nd, 2012. Ready? (don´t forget to check the giveaway at the end of this post).
1. It is part of Disney’s most prestigious and treasured animated classics collection, The Diamond Collection, along with Bambi, The Lion King, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Lady and the Tramp and Beauty and the Beast. How many do you own?
2. Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother was inspired by a real person! I learned this from that person’s daughter. Last August, during my visit to the Disney Animation Research Library, we were received by JP O’Connor, daughter of Mary Alice O’Connor (Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother), who very generously spent her afternoon with us telling us about her fascinating family story. Her father was one of the animators on Cinderella and later became a mentor to many talented Disney animators. The special feature entitled, “The Real Fairy Godmother” is part of this Blu-ray. It’s a wonderful story.
3. You will be able to see an early concept idea for an Alternate Cinderella Opening Sequence.
4. If you liked Tangled (another one of our all-time favorites), you will be able to watch the fun short,”Tangle Ever After”
5. The Second Screen for Cinderella is fabulous, your kids will be able to help Cinderella finish her chores in order to go to the ball in a fun and interactive Storybook: Bibbidi-Bobbidi-You. I invite you to read, if you haven’t already, about Disney’s Second Street Technology right here.
Do you need more reasons?
Here’s another. Disney’s Cinderella Diamond Edition is also available in several presentations: Collector’s 6- Disc Jewelry Box Set, 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, and High-Definition Disney Digital. It also comes with subtitles and audio in English, Spanish and French.
I hope you like it as much as we did.
To participate for your chance to win one (1) Cinderella Blu-ray/DVD 2 Disc Combo Pack is very easy. Just leave me a comment telling me your favorite part of the movie. That’s it! That is your required entry.
Would you like more opportunities to win? I have a few of those, too! These entries are optional:
- Subscribe or already be a subscriber to my blog by email or by RSS - 1 entry
- “Like” Mamá Latina Tips on Facebook – 1 entry
- Share the link of this giveaway in your facebook page – 1 entry
- Like Cinderella on Facebook – 1 entry
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following:
Enter for the chance to win a 2 Disc Combo Pack of #Cinderella @mamalatina http://www.mamalatinatips.com/?p=3025 #Disney
(one tweet per day, just please leave me a comment for each with the link of the tweet) 1 entry per tweet.
Please leave me a comment for your required entry and for each option (1,2, 3, 4 and/or 5), so I know how many entries you have, thanks.
This giveaway will end on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 12:00 noon PST. No purchase necessary. Open to US residents only. Winner will be randomly chosen and notified via email. Winner must respond to notification email within 3 days or a new winner will be chosen. Void where prohibited. Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will be invalid. Have fun and good luck!
Disclosure: I was invited to an event at Disney Studios. Food and accommodations were provided. I also received a copy of this title to facilitate this post As always, my opinions and my love for Princesses are my own.