My kids (and I) love Mario Kart 7 on the Nintendo 3DS, it offers new courses, new races, and new vehicles. You can even choose flying and racing under the water courses. Play it either in 2D version or 3D version and, with the community functionality, the fun never ends!
Did you know you can create custom communities in order to play Mario Kart 7 with friends and family on the Nintendo 3DS? It is very easy:
- Go to the online multiplayer option.
- Select Communities
- Click on Create Community *
- Select an icon for your community
- Enter the name of your community (You can create up to eight communities)
- Choose the game style: 50cc, 100cc, 150cc or Mirror Race, Coin Runners, or Balloon Battle.
- Choose the items you would like to play with: all items, shells only, bananas only, etc.
- Enter a message to share with your community.
- Share the code (you will receive it after you create the community) with friends, family, or the world.
* Before you can create a community of your own, you need to participate in an online race first. So we went to online multiplayer option->worldwide->race->choose character->select vehicle and started playing. After we finished with this race we went back to the online multiplayer option and followed the list of steps above.
Tips for making the play even more exciting:
- Create a community to play with family and friends. Choose a day and time to play together.
- If you have a computer with Skype, turn it on to see and talk to each other while playing.
- Have a tournament by age, gender, or family.
- You can also invite friends over and play all together in one place.
Disclosure: This post is compensated. As always, my opinions and comments are my own.