I have a tip for you! It’s not just fun, but cute, and you could win Lowe’s Gift Cards. Here it is, it’s called Plant A Tweet.
Here are the details:
1. Go to the Lowe’s Plant a Tweet page and build your plant or flower, it’s very easy, just click on “plant your tweet” and follow the instructions.
2. The first 10,000 ‘plants’ that are created and earn 50 points will get a $10 Lowe’s Gift Card. (Hint there is still 7, 963 gift cards up for grabs!)
3. How to Earn Points: accumulate points via social media activities on Twitter, Pinterest, and foursquare. The first ten-thousand (10,000) entrants to accumulate fifty (50) points by 11:59 p.m. ET on May 29, 2012 will be awarded one (1) $10 Lowe’s gift card.
How to accumulate points via Twitter:
- Entrant will receive ten (10) points for posting an original Tweet in the shape of a “flower” or “plant” OR by reposting a pre-built Tweet in the shape of a “flower” or “plant” in the virtual garden.
- Entrant will receive ten (10) points for following @lowe’s.
Entrant will receive one (1) point when a follower re-Tweets an entrant’s Tweet. Limit one (1) point per Twitter follower. Entrant will not be awarded additional points for reposting or re-Tweeting their own Tweet.
How to accumulate points via Pinterest:
- Entrant will receive five (5) points for pinning their Tweet in their pinboard. Entrant will not be awarded additional points for re-pinning their Tweet on pinterest.
- Entrant will receive one (1) point when someone re-pins the entrant’s pin on pinterest.com from plantatweet.com. Limit one (1) point per Pinterest follower.
How to accumulate points via foursquare:
- Entrant will receive four (4) points for linking their foursquare account to the PlantaTweet application.
- Entrant will receive one (1) point for checking in at a Lowe’s Store every twenty four hours. Entrant will not be awarded additional points for subsequent “Check-ins” in the same calendar day.
Now, in addition to virtual flowers, you can also plant natural flowers! As part of my last project as a Lowe’s Creative Ideas Ambassador, I planted a lot in my garden, so I know they have a huge variety (don’t forget to come back later to read and participate in an exciting giveaway!). If you need creative ideas, I invite you to visit Lowe’s on Facebook, Lowe’s on Pinterest, or download the Creative Ideas Magazine on your iPad.
Disclosure: I’m a Lowe’s Creative Ideas Network Ambassador. As always my comments and love for flowers are my own.