If you missed our twitter party last week, where we talked about the new Curious George Dance Contest, I’m sorry you did. Because I don’t mind saying it was amazing. But no worries if you did miss it, I am still going to give you all the information you need to participate right here!
Dance is my favorite art form. I’m grateful to my mom for sending me to all those dance classes. I tried just about everything, danza folklorica, ballet, hawaiian, contemporary, salsa… Dance gave me joy, kept me healthy, and lifted me up through the usual rough patches of childhood.
I see the same enthusiasm in my kids. It’s contagious. I tell them they get their enthusiasm for dance from their mom, but really, most all small children like to dance, twist, jump and shake! (My boys also love to spin around on the floor!!)
So if your kids like to dance and they like Curious George, too, the Curious George Dance Contest is the perfect opportunity to show their moves and maybe even win something fun like a visit from George himself! How does that sound?
Here are the details:
1. Now through April 2, 2012, parents and legal guardians of children aged one to eight can send in videos (no longer than 60 seconds in length) of their child’s moves to CuriousGeorgeDanceContest.com.
2. A panel of judges will choose ten finalists based on their creativity, enthusiasm, and originality.
3. Starting April 16th through April 30th, 2012, George’s friends and fans will vote for the winner.
- All finalists will receive a Curiosity Kit, filled with a Curious George book, game, DVD, and other fun George merchandise
- 1 Grand Prize winner: the winning video will be included on a Curious George DVD, the winner and guardian or parent may have the opportunity to meet Curious George at a location in or near the Winner’s hometown.
Good Luck and Let’s Dance!
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Latina Bloggers Connect and WGBH. My opinions and devotion to George and dance are solely my own.