Para español da click aquí.
Chef Marta Sigala from Café Orleans in the Disneyland Resort shares a yummy treat with us, Brownie Skewers, which you can enjoy during the holiday season at Paradise Grill at Disney California Adventure. It is easy to make and great to do with kids, perfect for a New Year´s celebration. Chef Marta show us how to assemble the skewers in a video in Español at the end of this post. But even if you don´t speak Español, check it out, a picture says a thousand words.
Makes 3 brownie skewers
For the Brownies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder*
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
For the Skewers
- 9 medium strawberries
- 3 8-inch wood skewers
- 3 teaspoons caramel sauce
- 3 teaspoons chocolate sauce
- 3 teaspoons jimmies
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9×9-inch square pan; set aside.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder into a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; beat until fluffy, about 30 seconds. Add milk and eggs and continue mixing until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Add chocolate chips, and mix just until combined; do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of brownies comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely, at least 2 hours, before cutting into 9 2-inch squares. Cover and set aside.
For Brownie Skewers:
- Wash and remove stems from strawberries.
- Thread one brownie cube onto skewer then thread a strawberry. Alternate brownie cubes with strawberries–three brownie cubes and three strawberries on each skewer.
- Place finished skewers on a plate, two inches apart.
- Microwave caramel sauce in small bowl (microwave-safe) on 50% power for 1-2 minutes, stir. Continue microwaving for 30 second intervals on 50% power until fluid, smooth, and easy to pour.
- Drizzle caramel sauce and chocolate sauce evenly over skewers.
- Immediately top with jimmies, then with mini marshmallows.
- Let stand for 5 – 10 minutes, or until caramel has cooled, before serving.
*Dutch process cocoa powder is a darker, delicately flavored, less acidic kind of cocoa powder.
** Recipe is the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc and may not be reproduced without express permission.
And here is the video, enjoy!
Disclosure: My family was invited to celebrate the holidays at Disneyland, hotel and tickets to the park were provided. As always my comments, opinions and love for all Disney are solely my own.