This is very exciting. You may have seen the Upromise logo before, maybe you already have an account, but if not, I would like to tell you about it.
Upromise by Sallie Mae was launched almost a decade ago with the philosophy that everyone should be able to afford a college education. The idea is simple, through your everyday spending, earn a percentage back which goes to your Upromise account. Members have earned more than $625 million in cash rewards since 2001 to help save and pay for college.
Having two little boys, it concerns me how we are going to pay for college and I think Upromise is a great way to start. Upromise is for everybody, parents with kids, grandparents with grandchildren, singles, anybody can open a free account and start saving.
The process is easy:
- Get a free account at UPromise.com.
- Shop over 800 leading brands online through UPromise.com, or eat in one of the nearly 9,000 affiliated restaurants, or activate grocery e-coupons and shop in any of the participating 21,000 nationwide grocery stores, book travel and hotels through Upromise partners.
- Invite family and friends to join you. (Your family and friends’ savings can be added to your account)
- See how your earnings go directly into your Upromise account.
- Decide how to use your earnings: a) invest them in a 529 college savings plan b) use them to pay down your student loans c) receive a check for college expenses d) transfer them into a Sallie Mae High Yield Savings account.
TurboSaver – the free toolbar from Upromise – will alert you to cash back opportunities when you shop online directly at Upromise partner sites.
What do you think? I invite you to give it a try, specially now during the holiday season while Upromise has its Holiday Savings Hotspot event: 12 weeks of great deals, extra bonuses, and prizes. After you register, which will take you just a few minutes, look for the Holiday Savings Hotspot logo at the top left hand of their page and start saving!
What are you waiting for? Sign up right here!
One more exciting thing: If you want to chat about saving money this holiday season, I invite you to join us for a twitter party this Monday, November 14th, at 8pm EST/5 PST. Just use the #Upromise2save hashtag. Join the fun and you may win a $500 Apple Gift Card!!
Happy Holidays and Happy College Saving!
Disclosure: I receive compensation as a Upromise Ambassador. The links in this post are affiliated; therefore, when you click through to the Upromise page and start saving money for college, Mama Latina Tips will receive credit for helping you find it, too, thanks for that! As always my comments, opinions and interest in my kids’ College educations are solely my own.