Last week my family and I enjoyed the first Mickey’s Halloween Party of the year at Disneyland (you can read about it here). The Halloween Screams Fireworks Spectacular is so fantastic it deserves its own post.
Disney knows how to present great fireworks shows, I have had the good fortune to see many of them and Halloween Screams is one of my favorites. Sleeping Beauty’s Castle transforms from sweet pink-purple to orange, red, bright green, and black. The music transports and the energy in the park is electric! Everybody screams at the end… fun! Even my three year old thought it was cool, he didn’t let go of my hand until the end when he was happily clapping.
Of course, nothing is better than experiencing the fireworks in person, but at least a video can give you an idea of how amazing they are.
But first, here are some tips for watching the fireworks:
- The best place to see the show is right in front of the Castle.
- The second best place is in the roundabout in front of the Castle.
- Bring a sweater, yes it is California, but sometimes weather changes and you don’t want to be cold
- If you want a good spot, you need to get there earlier, sometimes one hour before the show, believe me, it’s worth the wait. You can eat while you wait or leave some of your party there while the others go and enjoy nearby attractions. I like to just have a churro and enjoy people watching.
- Sometimes the Mickey’s Halloween Parade is one and a half hours before the fireworks, find a place to see it near the castle and then move to your preferred spot to watch the fireworks.
Enjoy the show!
Disclosure: My family was invited to the first Halloween Party, tickets to the park and lodging were provided. As always the opinions, comments and my love for Mickey’s house are solely my own.