Today I’m pleased to introduce Ely. Ely has a blog in Spanish called “Simple y Delicioso” (Simple and Delicious) where she shares easy, affordable, and delicious recipes from drinks to easy recipes to make for children, check it out! Today she has generously shared a yummy recipe with us, enjoy!
Zucchini Parmesan (Calabacitas a la Parmesana)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F°
- Heat the oil in a pan and add zucchini, onion, garlic and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the zucchini mixture in an oven-proof container, pour the sauce and top with the cheeses.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
This dish can be served as is or on top of pasta.
Ely was born in Michoacán, Mexico. Her passion for cooking started when she was 6 or 7 years old. She loves to prepare everything from appetizers to desserts but her specialty is cake decorating. She is a daughter, mother, and a wife and she enjoys cooking her family’s favorite dishes.